Thursday, April 22, 2010
The First Asia-Europe Physics Summit (ASEPS) was held in Tsukuba, March 24-26, 2010
More than 200 participants from 30 countries have attended. 100 posters and more than 50 talks and addresses have been presented.
- Introduction talks (D. Perret-Gallix) and (Mitsuaki Nozaki)
- Round-table: "Physics Towards Science and Innovation, ASEPS: Goals and Means" minutes, video
- All talks are available here
- Posters booklet (web, pdf, slideshow)
- ASEPS Conference site
- ASEPS "Tsukuba Declaration" signed by the EPS and AAPPS Presidents
- ASEPS a feature story from the KEK site
- First ASEPS web site
- ASEPS Wiki sites
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Summit has also addressed more general issues including the involvement of developing countries in frontier research, the communication between researchers and decision makers or between researchers and the industry, the access of women to physics and the benefits for physics, the education for and by research in an Asia-Europe Framework, ...
The next Summit will be held in Poland, October, 26 - 29 2011, when Poland will have the Presidency of Europe, so ... stay tuned.
Monday, April 5, 2010
The last preparation meeting was held under the aegis of the European Commission-Research Directorate General.